Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2017 Lincoln MKC

 In my last post I created a rendering of the 2017 Toyota Corolla.  That was made using a spy shot (Autoblog) and a series of Toyota vehicle pictures.  Here, I took Lincoln's new corporate look and applied it to one of their newer vehicles: the MKC.  

When the MKZ was updated in 2013, I was not fond of the "Phoenix" styling.  I wanted to like it, but it never grew on me.  I admired their desire to resurrect the dual grill.  However, I found their efforts on the MKZ poorly implemented.  Then the new 2015 MKC came out.  I really like the look of this car.  The exterior that is.  Now I admit, although this design is a large step forward for the Lincoln brand, it still doesn't say full-out "Luxury".  


With the new 2017 Lincoln Continental revealed and MKZ following suit, the luxury automaker has a future.  The new design is elegant with presence.  Now, two questions emerge.  How long will it take for the rest of the vehicle lineup to receive the new Jaguar-esque grill?  And, what varieties will it come in?


Here, I created a rendering using the 2016 Lincoln MKC and added elements from the MKZ (grill and inner headlight accents.)  I made the grill taller and wider than on the MKZ to give this a stronger more muscular appearance, since it is a crossover.  The headlights were already very similar to the MKZ, I just really liked the inner accents and implemented those.  I also made the lower grill slightly more narrow to accommodate the larger grill.  

If I were to redo this rendering, I would make the grill a little smaller (larger space around the sides) and more angular (pointing to the bumper).  I can't wait to see Lincoln unveil the future lineup.

These are my thoughts.  Let me know what you think.

Images
2016 Lincoln MKC: http://cars.axlegeeks.com/l/5810/2015-Lincoln-MKC 
2017 Lincoln MKZ elements: http://www.lincoln.com/2017-mkz/ 

2 comments:

Paige Hollingsworth said...

Last year I was looking at a few different cars and the Lincoln MKZ was one of them. I was not a big fan of the grill either. I felt like the grill was weird and didn't give me that luxurious vibe. I love the 2017 grill on the MKZ, it is much more appealing and stylish.

Anonymous said...

Love the entire car, looks sexier then VW Touareg and Audi Q7. However the front grill on Lincoln is horrible, the flimsy logo on the bumper and the steering wheel is a big FAIL.
Redo the fugly grill!!!